Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - kmip-sa-sed-profile-v1.0-csprd01-comment-updates.doc uploaded

On 29/05/2014 4:25 PM, John Leiseboer wrote:

Am I reading this correctly in Section 4, Conformance?

4.1 Storage Array with Self Encrypting Drive Client KMIP v1.0 Profile Conformance

KMIP client and server implementations conformant to this profile:

2.            SHALL support the Storage Array with Self-Encrypting Drives - Client conditions (2.2)

Servers SHALL support client conditions?

In other paragraphs in Section 4, the inverse is stated; i.e. that client and server implementations SHALL support server conditions.

Obviously those were missed during the edits - new version uploaded correcting that (deleting the client from server and server from client which is rather clear from the context).

Basically that document is intended to make the discussion about adjusting the profile reference handling more concrete - i.e. if we agree on the suggested approach what the result will look like structure wise is contained in the document.

Thanks,
Tim.