Subject: Re: [kmip] TTLV encoding concern

On 10/07/2014 3:57 PM, Featherstone, David wrote:

Hi Tim

I do not seek backward compatibility with KMIP 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2; rather, I seek forward-compatibility with KMIP 1.3+.

Thanks - it is important to understand the context there - as your original message was basically claiming that the current interpretation was incorrect and that what you suggested was how you thought the specification was indicating it should actually be done. You presented it as errors ...

If you are now suggesting that you'd like to change the basic encoding of template attribute handling going forward then that needs to be made clear.

Thanks,
Tim.