Subject: FW: Status of the KMIP errata

Something to discuss about in our call today

From: "chet.ensign@oasis-open.org" <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM
To: Subhash Sankuratripati <subhash.sankuratripati@netapp.com>, Saikat Saha <saikat.saha@oracle.com>
Cc: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Subject: Status of the KMIP errata

Hi Subhash, hi Saikat,

I'm working on an errata for the OData TC and it prompted me to do some historical checking. I want to make sure where your errata are at is where you think they are at and that you know the next steps to complete work on them.

In a nutshell, the TC approved draft errata for KMIP and KMIP Profiles last August. The TC only prepared the errata listing document and did not prepare a copy of the OASIS Standard with the errata applied. The errata went out for public review.

So as of now, the errata remain Committee Spec Drafts. The Latest version links for KMIP and KMIP Profiles point to the OS, not to the errata.

If you want to move forward on taking this to final Approved Errata state, the next step is for the TC to vote by Full Majority to approve both as Approved Errata. Then let me know so that I can publish them.

We will update the Latest version links to point to the Approved Errata. If you want to prepare a copy of the OASIS Standard with the errata applied, that can be done without a public review and then we will point the Latest version links to that.

That's it - just want to check. Let me know if you have any questions.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393