Subject: New and interesting changes at SFS!

Howdy KMIP TC!

As you can tell by the new email addresses there have been some changes at SFS recently. What we have done is form a new company named Fornetix that is aimed on taking SFS solutions for applied encryption management (we call it Key Orchestration) and productize the technology. Our goal with Key Orchestration is take our experiences and apply it to products that bridge the gap between identity and encryption. This allows for encryption management to be truly operationalized in the enterprise.

Why form a new company you might ask?  Semper Fortis is focused on providing professional services to the Government and Commercial markets.  The professional services company model isn’t ideal for bringing a product like this to market, so Fornetix was formed to handle the unique challenges of a product company.  We brought in a CEO (Bob Guimarin) who has extensive experience in the Valley working with start-ups and companies such as Cisco, IBM, and Motorola.  As for the name Fornetix, we sat our engineers down for a couple of days and they came up with the name on their own – I liked that a lot personally.

Semper Fortis Solutions is still alive and kicking – Joe and I are maintaining dual roles within both Semper Fortis and Fornetix. In fact, we (as in SFS) are on one of the winning teams for the 5.2 Billion USD IDIQ US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) Global Intelligence contract. Additionally SFS is still working with companies like SSL to apply KMIP in new areas like Satellite command and control and telemetry services. So we have two companies now for you to work with – both with a passion to make solutions that make encryption and encryption management easier for folks to use as part of their daily operations.

So it’s the same gang but now we are better organized to apply KMIP in new directions and help the TC evangelize KMIP to new (and hopefully interesting) audiences!

Feel free to shoot us an email or give Joe or I a call if you have any questions!