Subject: Re: [kmip] FYI on Suite B Profile

Whatever works to get readers to the material works fine for me.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:20 PM, Tim Hudson <tjh@cryptsoft.com> wrote:
On 12/02/2015 2:53 AM, Chet Ensign wrote:
> Members of the TC, FYI - in preparing the COS for KMIP Suite B
> Profile, the link checker I use returned a warning  that the normative
> reference to
>
>  [CNSSP-15]            N.S.A., “National Information Assurance Policy
> on the Use of Public Standards for the Secure Sharing of Information
> Among National Security Systems”, 1 October
> 2013, https://www.cnss.gov/Assets/pdf/CNSSP_No%2015_minorUpdate1_Oct12012.pdf.
>
> has an invalid certificate. When I try following the link, I get page
> not found.
>
> Wanted to make you aware of it so that it can be fixed.

The certificate remains invalid and the link has been moved. If you open
in Internet Explorer you can find the new link to the document at
https://www.cnss.gov/CNSS/openDoc.cfm?M3FPQgTTc1xwxSysppn4wA== as noted
on the policy list at  https://www.cnss.gov/CNSS/issuances/Policies.cfm

It appears you make have to open that link from the Policies page for it
to work and may have to use internet explorer or may have to try a
couple of times for the download to work correctly.

Chet - should we just have a reference to CNSSP No 15 and use the main
site URL of https://www.cnss.gov/ rather than the changing direct one
that you've noted has moved?

And the date should be 1 October 2012 not 1 October 2013 ...

Thanks,
Tim.

--

/chet   [§]