Subject: Re: [kmip] Tape Library Profile Question

On 27/05/2015 1:42 PM, John Leiseboer wrote:
> Is this a typo, or done on purpose? Is this something that is required in the real world to support some vendor's tape library?
It was done on purpose.

> NOTE: I'm not asking for anything to be changed. I'm just curious to know why this behaviour is mandatory for the tape library profile.

Section 2.3 item 9 makes it clear that a server must support custom
attributes of at least the three specified types (Text String, Integer,
Date Time) and also support multiple custom attributes (minimum of 30)
in item 11.

Refer to the section 3 lead in text where it states
"Note: the values for the returned items and the custom attributes are
illustrative. Actual values from a real client system may vary as
specified in section 4.7."

Thanks,
Tim.