Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - detailed_wrap_unwrap_proposal.odt uploaded

On 17/07/2015 12:02 AM, Featherstone, David wrote:
> I must have somehow missed the justification for these
> [*Wrap*/*Unwrap*] operations. Given that the spec already supports
> both the *Register* of a wrapped key [which the server unwraps for
> storage], and the *Get* of a key [which the server wraps for export],
> I wonder what motivates these new operations.

Multiple discussions over the last two years. Most recently raised by
Mark at the face to face.
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/55464/WrapUnwrap.pptx

See face to face minutes and action items for the minutes for the
meetings since then tracking the status.

And see
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/52197/KMIP-KeyWrapping.pdf
for the statement of the problem.

Tim.