Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - KMIP Error Handling clarification investigation uploaded

On 26/06/2015 3:05 AM, Bruce Rich wrote:
> /Submitter's message/
> Preliminary discussions on the topic of KMIP Error Handling
> clarification caused a recursion...we may need clarification of our
> charter, as we are leaning more toward defining a testable profile
> than a wordsmithing exercise, but that is not what we believe we were
> asked to do.

For reference following the TC call discussion today the following are
the set of Result Reason enumeration values actually used across the
test cases in the Test Cases document and the test cases contained
within the various Profiles documents. There are a total of 70
occurrences of Result Reasons.

4 x CryptographicFailure
3 x FeatureNotSupported
5 x InvalidMessage
8 x ItemNotFound
3 x ObjectArchived
35 x PermissionDenied
12 x ResponseTooLarge

There are a total of 22 defined Result Reason enumeration values in KMIP
1.2 which means the test cases combined hit around 30% of the
enumeration range.

Across all of section 11 Error Handling there are 171 error descriptions.

The main discussions in the face to face as I recollect it were about
actually looking through the error codes and reviewing them to see if
they make sense in the light of more implementation experience and
interoperability testing within the TC itself since the reason codes
were put in place over five years ago.

Tim.