Subject: Re: [kmip] Destroying an Active object

Classification: Thales e-Security OPEN

I had a look and it is either pre-active or deactivated keys that can be transitioned to destroyed as John & Tim state (my goof for not looking).

As I said earlier there is nothing stopping a rapid transition from active to deactivated to destroyed as long as the user performs the two state transitions properly as described in the spec.

Make sure you reference the current SP800 57 Part 1 as version 3 has been out since 2012.  Version 4 is currently a draft and changed the model quite a bit so we will need to watch it.

Bob L.