Subject: [snia-ssif] KMIP Tape Library Profile Test Case question

Hi folks - this issue has been raised to the KMIP Interop Subcommitee and escalated to the main TC.

"OASIS KMIP Interop group:
I’m writing on behalf of the SNIA SSIF and its KMIP Conformance Test Program.
We have a conformance testing question regarding items in the Tape Library Profile and would appreciate your input.
The issue is with KMIP V1.2 Test Cases TL-M-1-10, TL-M-1-11, and TL-M-1-12 and relates to the required behavior of a conformant CLIENT.
In each of these Test Cases, the required request is a Query with a specific list of Query Functions. We can find no Allowed Variation in the list of Query Functions for these test cases.

Questions: May a conforming CLIENT include additional Query Function’s?  If yes, are there any constraints on which additional Query Functions are allowed?

Sincerely,
Dave Thiel

SNIA KMIP Conformance Test Program Manager
dave.thiel@snia.org
+1 719 339-6857"

Tony Cox

Director Business Development, Strategy & Alliances

Cryptsoft

P:+61 7 3103 0321, F: +61 7 3009 0321

tony.cox@cryptsoft.com