Subject: RE: [kmip] [snia-ssif] KMIP Tape Library Profile Test Case question

Hi Tony

Looking at the KMIP-tape-lib-profile-v1.0.pdf, I found that all three test cases issue the same Query:

<RequestMessage>

<RequestHeader>

<ProtocolVersion>

<ProtocolVersionMajor type="Integer" value="1"/>

<ProtocolVersionMinor type="Integer" value="0"/>  # and 1; and 2

</ProtocolVersion>

<BatchCount type="Integer" value="1"/>

</RequestHeader>

<BatchItem>

<Operation type="Enumeration" value="Query"/>

<UniqueBatchItemID type="ByteString" value="01"/>

<RequestPayload>

<QueryFunction type="Enumeration" value="QueryOperations"/>

<QueryFunction type="Enumeration" value="QueryObjects"/>

<QueryFunction type="Enumeration" value="QueryServerInformation"/>

<QueryFunction type="Enumeration" value="QueryApplicationNamespaces"/>

</RequestPayload>

</BatchItem>

</RequestMessage>

Seems reasonable that a conforming KMIP client should be permitted to issue additional QueryFunctions.

Cheers,
… Dave