Subject: RE: [GRAYMAIL] [kmip] Groups - Handling Instruction_w_Examples.xlsx uploaded

Howdy Mark!

Great points all!

Answers below

From: Mark Joseph [mailto:mark@p6r.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 3:43 PM
To: Chuck White <chuck@fornetix.com>; kmip@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Chuck,

   Two questions, just asking for clarification

1) In the Department of Defense example the table has two security labels one at TS and one at S.   How can one piece of data have two labels?

Consider a MLS solutions where something could be authorized for Secret or Top Secret Storage that was the idea. Where there are multiple labels associated with all the authorized security levels.

2) In the US health care case, access is typically controlled by RBAC (we have a customer in this area and this seems how its done)   I just see

peoples names in the who has access no notion of access rules.

This is more of an Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) model that takes it cues from the providers (My esteemed colleagues and Dr. Howser) and the appropriate ICD 10 tags for conditions as part of the labeling scheme that ends up being a combination of provider and condition.

3) Also in the who has access I just see text names, these are some type of user ids right?

Those are IDs and can be any type of ID….. kept those human readable for the sake of example

Thanks,

Mark