Subject: Fwd: Numbering errors in KMIP Profiles v1.3

Hi all,

Sending this to the main KMIP mail list, as well as the kmip-comment list ... (not sure who's monitoring that for the TC)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM
Subject: Numbering errors in KMIP Profiles v1.3
To: kmip-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all,

In preparing KMIP Profiles v1.3 Committee Specification 01 for publication as requested  in TCADMIN-2415 [1], we noted some apparent errors in the numbering of items in several sections:

- Incorrect numbering in Section 5.1.1 - restarts at 1. after 6.  This was present in csd01/csprd01, but not in previous KMIP Profiles v1.2.(corresponding section was 5.1). The numbering was present in the TC's source file [2].
- Incorrect numbering in Section 5.8.2.  [1,2,1,2,3,3,4].
- incorrect numbering in 5.9.3 [1,2,3,5]
- incorrect numbering in 5.12.5 [1-9,1,2,3,10,11]
- incorrect numbering in 6.21 [1,2,3,5]
- incorrect numbering in 6.24 [1,2,3,6]
- Questionable numbering in Section 4.1.1 - restarts at 1 after a line of text - probably acceptable, but difficult to reference.

We (OASIS TC Administration) are proceeding with publication of cs01 as-is at this point.

We recommend that the TC adopt corrections to the numbering in future publications of this Work Product.

[1] https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/TCADMIN-2415
[2]  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/58472/kmip-profiles-v1.3-csprd01-comment-update.doc

Best regards,
Paul
--
Paul Knight  - Tel: +1 781-883-1783
OASIS - Advancing open standards for the information society - Document Process Analyst