Subject: FYI - couple of things with KMIP Spec v1.3 COS01

Members of the KMIP TC,

In preparing the KMIP Spec COS01, we noted the following...

- When I use Pinger in Firefox, it returns an invalid certificate alert "during a connection to www.cryptsoft.com:443." It says that the certificate uses the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority.

- Pinger also sent an alert while trying to connect to www.rsa.com:443. It says that it has no common encryption algoriths.

- In 1.2 Normative References

  - [FIPS186-4]             Digital Signature Standard (DSS), FIPS PUB 186-4, July 2013, http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/FIPS/NIST.FIPS.186-4.pdf

  - [SP800-56A]            E. Barker, L. Chen, A. Roginsky and M. Smid, Recommendation for Pair-Wise Key Establishment Schemes Using Discrete Logarithm Cryptography, NIST Special Publication 800-56A Revision 2, May 2013, http://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-56Ar2.pdf.

Both links are broken.

KMIP Profiles COS01 is being done now.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org