Subject: Re: [GRAYMAIL] [kmip] Groups - Import Export Operation uploaded

Hi Anthony,

    I like this idea and we would add it into our client SDK library.

I do have a few questions:

(1) How do we export a chain of objects?   So for example, lets say we have 2 Opaque objects on a KMIP server where one has a Child link / Parent Link between the two.   I believe your description would have them exported / imported separately, but why not as one unit?   Exporting / importing as one unit will decrease the chance of links being broken.   This is also relevant for Re-keyed objects.

(2) Also what happens if an importing server does not understand all the attributes?   I know of a KMIP server that does not implement all 1.2 attributes.

(3) I do believe we have an issue with unique identifiers.   If a customer wants to export from one vendor into a completely different vendor the scheme you suggest might lead to import failures.

(4) Can this work if a KMIP server is in FIPS mode?

Best,
Mark Joseph
P6R, Inc

From: Anthony Berglas <anthony.berglas@cryptsoft.com>
To: <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: 11/16/2016 11:37 PM

Submitter's message
This is an update to the proposal presented at this year's face to face to enable objects to be exported and imported. It addresses the concerns that were raised.
-- Anthony Berglas
Document Name: Import Export Operation

Description
Revised proposal for a simple Import / Export function.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Anthony Berglas
Group: OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC
Folder: Drafts
Date submitted: 2016-11-16 23:37:31