Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - Non Exportable and Sensitive Attributes Clarification uploaded

It is also the simple idea that if you say a key is not extractable, then allowing the flag to be changed makes the key actually extractable (by simply changing the flag).  There are some applications for which ensuring a key never ever leaves the key manager is very important.

Ideally we might have a concept of supervising users that could change these flags, as opposed to ordinary users that cannot.  But there is no such concept in KMIP, and that would lead directly to a discussion about what policy really means, which is not something that I wanted to touch here!