Subject: Re: [kmip-comment] Clarification on Key Value for wrapped objects

Guys,

Let's move this conversation over to the KMIP list, not the KMIP-Comments list, as we're all on the TC.

Mark,

I think you answered the question of "what gets wrapped", but I think Gabriel's question was "how is a wrapped key presented", either to a server or a client.  His suggestion was that the KeyValue in the TC-WRAP-*-14 testcases should not be a structure, i.e.,

<KeyValue>
    <KeyMaterial type="ByteString" value="1fa68b0a8112b447aef34bd8fb5a7b829d3e862371d2cfe5"/>
</KeyValue>

but rather just the ByteString, which would be

<KeyValue type="ByteString" value="1fa68b0a8112b447aef34bd8fb5a7b829d3e862371d2cfe5"/>

I think he's correct, that we should follow the spec's description of Key Value, and the testcases should be amended.

Regards,
Bruce Rich