Subject: Re: [kmip] Re: [kmip-comment] Clarification on Key Value for wrapped objects

Ok after reading over the spec a few times I do understand this.
It does appear that test case TC-WrAP-*-14 is incorrect.   I will mock up a change and send it to Tim.

Best,
Mark

Ok then can you clarify what the "No Encoding" and "TTLV Encoding" is used for because its not clear to me.

Best,
Mark

From: Bruce Rich <bar@cryptsoft.com>
To: Mark Joseph <mark@p6r.com>
Cc: OASIS KMIP Technical Committee <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>, <gabriel@kryptus.com>
Sent: 10/5/2017 9:27 AM

Guys,

Let's move this conversation over to the KMIP list, not the KMIP-Comments list, as we're all on the TC.

Mark,

I think you answered the question of "what gets wrapped", but I think Gabriel's question was "how is a wrapped key presented", either to a server or a client.  His suggestion was that the KeyValue in the TC-WRAP-*-14 testcases should not be a structure, i.e.,

<KeyValue>
    <KeyMaterial type="ByteString" value="1fa68b0a8112b447aef34bd8fb5a7b829d3e862371d2cfe5"/>
</KeyValue>

but rather just the ByteString, which would be

<KeyValue type="ByteString" value="1fa68b0a8112b447aef34bd8fb5a7b829d3e862371d2cfe5"/>

I think he's correct, that we should follow the spec's description of Key Value, and the testcases should be amended.

Regards,
Bruce Rich