Subject: Next steps for your Candidate OASIS Standards

Members of the KMIP TC,

Have a quick look at your calendars. The 60 public review period for Key Management Interoperability Protocol Specification Version 1.4 COS01 and Key Management Interoperability Protocol Profiles Version 1.4 COS01 announced in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/kmip-comment/201709/msg00001.html closes today. What does that mean? That it is time for the OS call for consent (formerly, the OASIS member ballot period).

To prep for this, first, Tony or Judith, would one of you confirm to me that the TC received no comments on the Candidate OSs? I didn't see any in my quick scan but I need one of you to confirm. After that, we will proceed.

As a reminder, yours will be the second COSs presented to the membership under the new Call for Consent model explained in https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process-2017-05-26#OScallForConsent. I will set up a ballot page and issue a call for consent. Under this new model, affirmative votes are welcome however consent is assumed unless a party makes an explicit objection. The call for consent will remain open 14 days and at the end of that period, if there have been no objections, your work will become OASIS Standards.

You can see how this worked in the first ballot held under this model:

- Call for consent: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201707/msg00005.html
- Ballots: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3104 and https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=3105

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,