Members of the KMIP TC:
Good morning. We've noted the letter uploaded by Cryptsoft to the TC this morning (US time), asking the TC to take the position (approximately) today that the TC should reject or convert its next interop event because Cryptsoft does not agree with us on a specific rule dispute.
OASIS staff plans to attend today's KMIP TC meeting, and respectfully requests that we talk with the TC before you decide whether to act.
On Tuesday we discussed with Cryptsoft representatives how to resolve the genuine issues under discussion, and noted that we would reply to them by this Friday, leaving time for an OASIS Board discussion on 11 December and TC action on 14 December. As of last night, some proposed to move up the TC's actions to today -- either accidentally or deliberately cutting off any ability by OASIS staff to reply to the TC.
We will suggest that the TC act no earlier than the 14th, and that we discuss the issue at today's meeting. I doubt whether OASIS will be able to provide any further effective data to the TC in writing within the few hours of this artificially-moved deadline, but we will attend today's meeting in any case to discuss the matter.
OASIS has no stake in these outcomes, as each TC can and should choose the types of events it wishes to run, within the bounds of our rules. However, we caution you that:
- it would be prudent and more consistent with open standards methods and transparency to hear both sides before being stampeded into a decision,
- you have plenty of time to do so, and
- we respectfully disagree with some of the statements in today's letter.
Kind regards Jamie Clark, for OASIS