Subject: TC_AESXTS_1_20 create message example

Hi,

   For those interested in what a 2.0 message would look like see the attached file.  It was generated by our KMIP Client.   Its the first client request in test case TC-AESXTS.   I believe this is the proper new encoding for attributes.

best,
Mark Joseph
P6R, Inc

From: Mark Joseph <mark@p6r.com>
To: Tony Cox <tony.cox@cryptsoft.com>, <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: 12/16/2017 11:42 AM
Subject: Tag Enumeration confusing... --- Re: [kmip] Groups - Introduction to KMIP v2.0 WD01 uploaded

From spec (emphasis added):
____________________________
Tag Enumeration

All tags SHALL contain either the value 42 in hex or the value 54 in hex as the first byte of a three (3) byte enumeration value.  ....

But In the definition of an "Attribute Reference"

one definition for encoding is:   Enumeration(Tag)

So for the Attribute Reference the Enumeration is encoded in TTLV as 4 bytes or 3 bytes.?

I believe its still 4 bytes but I believe this is a bit unclear.

Best,
Mark Joseph
P6R, Inc