Subject: Re: [kmip] Certificates and Cryptographic Usage Mask attribute

Hi,

Along those lines I’ve never understood the requirement for a cryptographic mask for the Secret Data object…

--Tim

From: <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Tim Hudson <tjh@cryptsoft.com>
Date: Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 4:16 PM
To: Mark Joseph <mark@p6r.com>
Cc: OASIS KMIP Technical Committee <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>, Tony Cox <tony.cox@cryptsoft.com>

Or perhaps we completely remove the manadory requirement for a cryptographic usage mask ... some vendors don't actually support it.

The masks themselves also need to be more clearly defined in terms of their intended impact on KMIP servers and clients in terms of both KMIP operations and underlying cryptographic usage.

Tim.