Subject: RE: [kmip] Certificates and Cryptographic Usage Mask attribute

Hi Guys,

I am working on to formalize the Cryptographic Usage mask doc as per comments provided by Judy.

Will upload it till this weekend.

Thanks,

Nitin

From: kmip@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:kmip@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Furlong, Judith
Sent: 04 April 2018 03:16
To: Chevalier, Tim <Tim.Chevalier@netapp.com>; Tim Hudson <tjh@cryptsoft.com>; Mark Joseph <mark@p6r.com>
Cc: OASIS KMIP Technical Committee <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>; Tony Cox <tony.cox@cryptsoft.com>

Ok sounds like we need to revisit the whole cryptographic usage mask concept and have it apply to only to the objects (e.g. keys) where usages actually make sense.  We have also the proposal that Nitin brought forward around changes to the usage mask themselves which we should also make sure we revisit as part of this F2F discussion.

Judy

Judith Furlong

Sr. Consultant Product Security Architect

Dell EMC | Product Security Office

Office:  +1-508-249-1124

Judith.Furlong@dell.com