Subject: Groups - kmip-spec-v2.0-wd03-AdditionalResultReasons.pdf uploaded

Submitter's message
Hello All,

I have added the Result Reasons that should make KMIP easier to use in practice. For example, trying to destroy an active key will now produce "Wrong Key Lifecycle State" instead of the generic "Permission Denied".

In doing this I have tried to strike a balance between providing sufficient reasons that would enable someone in the field to understand and error condition while not bloating the specification with too many codes. So in the above example I have proposed one status, "Wrong Key Lifecycle State", rather than enumerating the individual cases such as "Key Is Active", "Key Is Not Active", "After Protect Stop Date" etc.

I have then carefully gone through the individual operations to update their error tables. In doing this I have added some new cases, but also removed some generic and escoteric ones. For example, "Object Is Archived" applies to most operations, so is best left to the Result Resaons Enumeration section.

All comments and suggestions most welcome.

-- Anthony Berglas
Document Name: kmip-spec-v2.0-wd03-AdditionalResultReasons.pdf

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Anthony Berglas
Group: OASIS Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) TC
Folder: Drafts
Date submitted: 2018-10-10 22:08:46