Dear members of the KMIP TC,
Following my messages of December 2017  and February 2018 , the Board of Directors recently completed its evaluation of the matter of the Interop Policy and resolved as follows at its November 20, 2018 Board meeting:
(1) "The Board resolved for the purpose of the RSA shows:
- to allow for the applicability of the KMIP TC Interop Process  to govern the KMIP Interop Demos;
- all KMIP participants are expected to follow the process as described in the KMIP TC Interop Process, which is agreed to by the Technical Committee itself through a vote, as described in the Technical Committee (TC) Process;
- participation in the interop and presence on the RSA show floor in an OASIS booth will require continued compliance with the KMIP TC Interop Process. OASIS staff will work with the KMIP Interop Demo Lead to help ensure that all participants observe this;
until a next version the OASIS Interoperability Demonstration Policy is approved and published after November 20, 2018."
(2) "The Board resolved to direct to a Board Sub Committee the activity of rethinking the existing OASIS Interoperability Demonstration Policy for it to better align with contemporary expectations, in an open, transparent and an inclusive fashion, with the expectation to deliver a draft version for Board approval by July 2019."
(3) "The Board resolved to reaffirm the ownership of the OASIS Interoperability Demonstration Policy to the Board of Directors."
With the inclusion of relevant stakeholder participation in the Interoperability Demonstration Policy revision process, the Board believes it has reached a significant milestone in the resolution of Interop Policy issues. It is our expectation that we will achieve a desirable, positive and forward-looking outcome for all involved.ÃÃ
If you have any questions and / or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Chair, OASIS Board of Directors