Subject: Re: [kmip] Groups - KMIP Ping operation uploaded

We can continue to discuss this in todayâs meeting.

--Tim

From: Mark Joseph <mark@p6r.com>
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2019 at 1:06 PM
To: "Chevalier, Tim" <Tim.Chevalier@netapp.com>
Cc: "kmip@lists.oasis-open.org" <kmip@lists.oasis-open.org>

NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Why not just add the anti-spam function to the implementation of Discover Versions?

It is not a specifically important function to log or just log the number of occurrences seen instead of one entry per request.

Adding yet another KMIP operation for this when there is an existing mechanism seems unnecessary.   The solution is really in log management, because this "ping" operation does not have to be supported by a server right?

So if its not supported or its KMIP 1.x a client still has to use Discover Versions so this operation does not really solve this problem.

I don't think this is necessary.

Best,

Mark Joseph

P6R, Inc