Subject: KMIP V2.1 Progression

Hi Folks,

TC admin have now published the KMIP Specification v2.1 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/kmip/kmip-spec/v2.1/cs01/) and KMIP Profiles v2.1 (http://docs.oasis-open.org/kmip/kmip-profiles/v2.1/cs01/) as Committee Specifications.

At this point the TC may now elect to submit these work items as Candidate OASIS Standards. For this to happen, we have the following two tasks remaining:
- Review and accept of 3 Statements of Use; and
- A successful ballot to submit the Committee Specifications as Candidate OASIS Standards.

SoUs
The Cryptsoft SoU has now been published to the reflector (https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/kmip/download.php/67196/KMIP-2.1-SOU-Cryptsoft-18May2020.pdf). This is the standard form that has been used for the past few KMIP versions. I would encourage any of the member organizations that participated in the most recent interop test, to submit a SoU as soon as possible. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Ballots
I will publish the required motion language to the list in the coming days.

Best Regards,
-Tony Cox