Subject: Next steps following close of public review for KMIP COSs

Members of the KMIP TC,

Your 60-day public review for KMIP Specification v2.1 and KMIP Profiles v2.1 CS01, announced 27 August 2020 in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/kmip-comment/202008/msg00000.html, closes today.

The TC received one comment from TC Admin regarding broken links (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/kmip-comment/202008/msg00001.html).

The comment list also has a report from Conrado Gouvea on PKCS12-2 test inconsistency but it is not clear whether his is a response to the public review announcement or a comment made on its own. I assume that it is the latter and thus does not have to be addressed as part of the PR. If it did refer to the public review documents, please treat his comments the same as Paul's.Â

As comments were received, you now have some additional actions to take:

- If you don't wish to make any changes, you may request that I start a Special Majority Ballot to approve continuing with the OASIS Standard call for consent. You can use the ticket https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/request-a-special-majority-vote-for-other-procedural-reqest to assign this task to me. Simple indicate in the Question to be voted box that the TC wants to proceed with the current CSs to the call for consent.

- If you want to fix the glitches Paul identified (which I believe qualify as Non-Material Changes), the editor(s) may prepare a revised working draft to be approved as CS02. Changes may only be made to address the comments and the TC must provide an acceptable summary of the changes made. Then you may request a Special Majority Vote to approve the working draft as CS02 and proceed with the call for consent. You can use the same ticket as above.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. We're ready to help you move to the next step with the Committee Specs

--

/chetÂ

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393Â