legalcite-markup-discuss message

Subject: Re: [legalcite-markup-discuss] Cross-walks to existing database systems

>> Another omission from the charter is discovery, reporting and mapping
between existing legal metadata database holdings.

There was discussion of that in earlier conversations - my take is that our work should support those use cases / business needs but we shouldn't try to propose how it should be done.

>> It is unreasonable to think that existing metadata databases will
covert their legacy (from a legalcite viewpoint) data into the model
produced by the proposed TC,

I agree - looking at their needs / structures strikes me as an important part of the process of developing a standard

>> A journey into the sea of legal citations ... Perhaps it's age but setting out in a small boat

I love the sailing analogy...

>> PS: I can suggest some formal charter language if that would be helpful.

Please do - that would help focus the discussion.

/chet