legalcitem-courts message

Subject: Use Cases and a Meeting

Dear LegalCiteM-Courts TC Members,

With some sample use cases now posted to the main list by Chet with a template, I propose that have a Skype meeting this week or next to talk about them and get moving. I would anticipate a short conference where we can ask and answer some questions of each other and such.

As I understand it, the project at this point is to compile a use case document that can be compiled together with the other sub-committee use case documents, which will end up as LegalCiteM's first published work product.

The thing we really need to do now is to think about how citations are used and how they may need to be marked up (sorry Fabio), and to document the narrative of each case. Talking to colleagues, etc. is very useful in doing this. If everyone can do their own version and post it to the sub-committee document collection (after login, go here https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalcitem-courts/members/upload.php) I can collate them and add the necessary prose. If everyone tries to do say, 5, it may be sufficient. We can then all go through them and edit, merge, order, and see where there are holes to be filled.

Having done this sort of thing before, it was my experience that although there will be overlap in our efforts, there will also be interesting variations that we will each bring, so it's actually best for everyone to just do their own collection of use cases.

As to a meeting, my Skype username is jjoerg502. Can we all post our Skype usernames to this list? As to dates and times, I can be available at the following times:

This week:
                    Thursday 10:00AM, 11:00AM, 1:30PM, 3:00PM.
                    Friday:    10:00AM, 11:00AM,  1:00PM, 2:00PM

Next week:
                    Monday  2:00PM, 3:00PM
                    Tuesday  10:00AM, 11:00AM,  1:00PM, 2:00PM
                    Wednesday 10:00AM, 11:00AM,  1:00PM

Please let me know if any of these times is good for you, and I'll report a mutually agreeable meeting time.

Thanks.

John

John P. Joergensen
Associate Dean for Information Services and Professor of Law
Rutgers University School of Law - Newark
jjoerg@andromeda.rutgers.edu