legalcitem-legislation message

Subject: Fwd: Kirschenfeld: Describing Negative Legal Precedent in Citators

Dear all,

I think this is a great paper for our LegalciteM TC scope.

Yours,
Monica

-------- Messaggio Inoltrato --------
Data: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 10:06:42 -0800
Mittente: Robert Richards <robertrichards03@gmail.com>
Rispondi-a: legal-informatics-research-network@googlegroups.com
A: Legal Informatics Research Network <legal-informatics-research-network@googlegroups.com>

Group member Aaron Kirschenfeld has published 'Yellow flag fever: Describing negative legal precedent in citators,' Law Library Journal, 108, 77-99 (2016):

Abstract:

'This study analyzes the accuracy with which descriptions of subsequent negative treatment are applied by online citators. A system making use of a hierarchical controlled vocabulary applying these descriptions appears marginally more accurate, but the citator’s traditional role in legal research must be reconceptualized.'