legalcitem message

Subject: Re: [legalcitem] Prolegomena to the constitution of subcommittees

On 2/15/14 3:53 AM, Fabio Vitali wrote:
Dear Sara,

On 14/feb/2014, at 13:11, Sara S. Frug <sara@liicornell.org> wrote:

[Just responding to the scope of materials covered in the proposed committees.] The list suggested here includes important items but is too narrow - I believe the adopters of a legal citation standard will expect it also to cover, for starters, constitutions, treaties, and regulations.
I totally agree. I did include them in my legislation subcommittee:
My apologies for the confusion. Is the intent that, by analogy, executive branch / agency documents such as rulemaking dockets (including public comments), hearing transcripts, notices, reports, budgets, etc., be addressed by the "parliamentary documents" subcommittee? Are alternative dispute resolution records or administrative adjudications intended to be treated by the court documents subcommittee? (If consolidation happens in these kinds of ways, it might be clearer (for an international audience) to name the subcommittees more descriptively.)

Best,
Sara

b) legislation: the purpose of this SC is to deliver, in a multinational, multi-language and multi-jurisdictional fashion, the features that characterize citations to proposed and enacted legislation and regulations at all levels, including local regulations and international treaties. These features should be clearly characterized in terms of identifying vs. accessory, required vs. desired, and describing the cited document vs. describing the citation.
regards

Fabio

--

Fabio Vitali                            Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly,
Dept. of Computer Science        Man got to sit and wonder "Why, why, why?'

--
Sara S. Frug
Legal Information Institute