Subject: Proposal: list of deliverables for the Legal Document TC

Dear all,

Instrumental to tomorrow's first meeting of the Legal Document TC, I would like to forward my view of the deliverables that the TC could/should be working on as a first proposal for discussion, tomorrow or when you want. This is more a list of topics than a list of documents, and although I see them as separate documents, nothing prevents to combine them as we see fit.

0) language primer: a layman introduction to all the issues relevant to the language (Non Normative)
1) language vocabulary: an introduction to the themes, the design issues and the objectives of the language followed by the systematic discussion of the characteristics of each element of the language (Normative)
2) language schema: the formal structure (in XSD and/or RelaxNG) of the XML vocabulary of the language (Normative)
3) naming convention: the structure and components of the URI used in the language (Normative)
4) pilot cases: a list of good experiences and best practices of applying the language to real life situations
5) user manual: instructional material for producers of documents, explaining the steps and the aspects of the actual production of documents using the language.

Ideally, we should agree on the list of deliverables as soon as possible, and immediately afterwards start working on the table of content of each deliverable, and immediately afterwards start fleshing out the content of the deliverables.

Looking forward to talking to all of you tomorrow,

Fabio

--

Fabio Vitali                            Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly,
Dept. of Computer Science        Man got to sit and wonder "Why, why, why?'