Subject: Extending the AKN model to (U.S) Patents

Hi All,

I'm currently working with particular patents within my research. Such an example can be found here [0].
Typically patents and court litigation’s are highly inter-related. This is reflected in the highly visible cross referencing which is typically present in such documents. For example, a court case can directly refer to a number of patents, likewise patents typically include many other references which are of high interest to me.
I pursued the current research direction as it gave me a new application for AKN therefore I'm just reaching out to see if anyone or any organisation is currently using AKN for modelling patent documents.

All the best for now

Lewis

[0] http://1.usa.gov/WPTWWf

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html