Subject: RE: Legal Ontologies to Embed within AKN

Lewis,

It sounds as though you're looking for SKOS, a vocabulary for expressing conceptual relationships and metadata.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-skos-reference-20090818/

Roger Sperberg

973-200-4224 primary
roger.sperberg@lexisnexis.com

-----Original Message-----
From: legaldocml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:legaldocml@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of McGibbney, Lewis John
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:25 PM
To: legaldocml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [legaldocml] Legal Ontologies to Embed within AKN

Hi,
I'm looking to expand the structured content within my AKN XML by using more than LKIF-Core [0] to represent additional metadata.
Can anyone provide me with resources relating to more general/non-domain specific/non-localized ontological resources for use within Legal Markup?
Thanks in advance for any resources/help :0) Lewis

[0] https://github.com/RinkeHoekstra/lkif-core/

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html