Subject: Re: [legaldocml] Bills and Acts

Start again with the main pillars of Akoma Ntoso:
  • We need two terms general enough for not depending from a particular legal tradition (e.g. too much US oriented for instance or not too much Euroepan), not depending to a specific government form (one chamber, two chambers, three chambers) or to a specific senate/chamber regulation, not depending to the law-making process (steps and workflow)
  • We need two terms that represent two macro-categories of legislative documentation: normativeDocumentApproved and draftNormativeDocument (in Swiss they have a beautiful document that is a pre-draftNormativeDocument called avamprogetto). Take in care the point that we need to include also secondary law, regional law, ordinance, subsidiary law, etc. not only the primary law and also government regulation/legislation. Please don't skip this crucial issue that you didn't address in the last answers.
  • We need also two terms that are closed to the legal domain because the people need to understand without confusion
  • The terms must be sound to all the legal traditions not only to anglophone's one.
  • Akoma Ntoso is an XML schema based on the principle of descriptiveness but general enough for not enter in the list of the specific local nomenclatur

So these are the main pillars.
Please propose a tentative list of TWO terms that are compliance with those rules.

mp