Subject: Re: [legaldocml] Acts and bills

Hi All,

Again, let me apologize for bringing this issue up, at this "late" stage or at any other stage. I didn't realize we had passed a milestone beyond which issues could no longer be brought up.

I don't believe that anyone on this committee should feel that they cannot raise issues. I am somewhat stunned and hurt by this. My intent is not to sabotage Akoma Ntoso. I have been very committed to this effort although much of my contribution to Akoma Ntoso so far has come out my my own pocketbook. I have not had the luxury to bill this to my company. I want this effort to succeed.

I am not objecting to the terms Bill and Act. They're good terms. But they cannot be applied to documents that are neither proposed nor enacted law. Those other documents are nonetheless, important products of a legislature and cannot be easily dismissed as mere "documents" or "sort of like bills and acts".

Regards,
   Grant