Subject: A comparative study to determine a suitable representational data model for UK building regulations

Good Afternoon Everyone,
I would like to post a link to a publication my PhD. supervisor (Prof. Bimal Kumar) and myself pushed which is based on our understanding and use of Akoma Ntoso within the formal representation of UK Legislation... with a focus on Scottish Domestic Building Regulations.
I acknowledge that the proposed standard is always moving on (especially with the work and ground which has been covered in recent months) and EVERYTHING may not be wholly accurate as of now, however I hope this gives a picture of our particular use case, struggles, barriers we encountered, and current interest in the adoption of the standard for subsidiary legislation such as local building regulations. within Scottish jurisdiction.
Thank you very much, feedback would be very welcome, either on list or privately. :0)

McGibbney Lewis J, Kumar Bimal (2013) A comparative study to determine a suitable representational data model for UK building regulations, ITcon Vol. 18, pg. 20-39, http://www.itcon.org/2013/2

Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html