Subject: RE:RE:[legaldocml] Issue with components I am not sure how to model (NOW WITH COLORS!)

Dear Fabio,

As you said, today we have two technics to store, in one file, the content of a document and of all its components

  • Put each document inline, where it is called, so each content of the component is placed where it is used (hierarchical representation : if the component is composed of sub-documents, the same technic can be applied).
  • Put all the included documents at the end of the XML file inside the "components" element and make a reference to them from their effective location (documentRef, componentRef).  There are no more hierarchical storage of the "components" of a document : they are all grouped at the end of the file without taking into account their effective location.

The request is to add a new grouping for the included documents, allowing each document to have its own  "components" element ; so, there will be two methods for storing, hierarchically in a file, a document and all its components : inline or inside a "components" element at the end of the document.

Based on this request, an additional request is to remove the "components" element as sub-element of akomaNtoso element.

Of course, I agree with the first request, to allow the "components" element inside a document element, as an  alternative technic to the inline technic.

Now, the question is : is the "components" at the end of the file already necessary or can we remove it ?

If we remove the "components" at the end of the file, then it means that the implementation of  the flatting solution (all components collected in a single position, without hierarchy) is done by simulating it using the "components" element of the overall including document (first level document).

Doing it, the content of the components of the first level document is ambiguous : it can contain all the components using the flat technic or only the components directly referenced by it (hierarchical technic).

Leaving the "components" element at the level of the file and allowing it also inside the document make clearer the usage of the "components" and business rules can be based on it (avoid the "components" inside a  document if "components" is defined at the level of the file in the same document, ...).

So, in conclusion my preference it to add the components element inside each "document" element and remain it also as sub-element of akomaNtoso element.

At last remark, I think that the complexity of the id computation is very similar whether "components" element is at the end of the file or at the end of the document.

But this is a more general problem :  each time a file includes the content of multiple documents (multiple content), the id is to redefine also for elements (article, paragraph, ...) except if exists a strategy to define an "universal id" for each element so that the id can remain immutable.

Kind regards

Véronique Parisse