Subject: Two Questions

Hi Fabio,

I have two questions. In both cases, I already agree with the decisions you made. However, in both cases, I've been asked why that decision was made. I want to know your perspective rather than providing my own.

1) Why are element names lowerCamelCase rather than UpperCamelCase. NIEM, and most other international XML Naming and Design guidelines call for UpperCamelCase for element names

2) Why are XLink and XPointer not used?
I'm not trying to reopen either of these issues. I just want a clear position statement that I can pass on.

-- Grant
Grant Vergottini
Xcential Group, LLC.
email: grant.vergottini@xcential.com