Subject: prefix in IDs

Dear all,

Please find hereafter an Excel file with a first proposal for the prefix that can be used in currentId (and originalId) attribute.
The excel sheet contains one line per element that can have a "currentId" attribute (the second column specify if this attribute is mandatory or not).

4 columns :
- the name of the element,
- if the currentId is optional or not in the schema for this element,
- a proposition for the prefix and
- the type of the element.

My first choice is to define prefix with no fixed lenght (for example 3 chars) because
- there are 268 elements and I prefer to start with a  specific prefix for each element
- some elements are shorter (<p>)
- some elements are very similar (mod, mmod, rmod) and using a fixed length prefix make the prefix little explicit.

In this context, maybe a separator betiween the prefix and the number can be defined (for example ":")
So the currentId could be "mmod:1_mod:1_qstr:1_art:20bis"
This, also taking into account that sometimes, the numbering is composed only of one or more letters (for example pnta (pnt:a), pntiii (pnt:iii), recIN (rec:IN) recS (rec:S) and recs1 (recs:1)

I think that each structural element need to have its specific prefix, but, maybe, for inline elements, a generic prefix is enough ?
This is the reason of the column with the type of the element.

Unfortunately, I cannot be present today, but I am happy to know your comments on it during this meeting

Kind regards

Véronique Parisse

Véronique Parisse

AUBAY Luxembourg