Subject: Invitation to take part to the Scientifi Committee

Dear LegalDocML members,

we are approaching to the Public Review (thanks to Chet effort I hope the PR will be open tomorrow) and we have decided, thanks also to Grant Vergottini that encouraged all the TC, to have a Summer School in Washington at the end of July in the George Mason University (thanks to Melanie Knapp).

Moreover we are organizing also the "First International Akoma Ntoso Conference" (IANC), Washington, August 1st, 2015.

See in attachment the first tentative draft of Call for Contributions.

Fabio and I would like to invite all of you to take part to the Scientific Committee of the IANC and also to present contributions concerning your pilot case, ideas, applications. I would appreciate very much to receive a kind reply from whom are interested to be included in the Scientific Committee.

See you tomorrow in the LegalDocML TC meeting for a short updating on the details.
Any comment is very welcome.

All the best,
Monica and Fabio

--
===================================
Associate professor of Legal Informatics

Apologizes for cross-postings.

***************************************
Call for contributions,
First International Akoma Ntoso Conference (IANC 2015)
http://www.akomantoso.org

August 1st 2015, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia (USA)
***************************************

Objectives
***************************************
With the upcoming enactment of the new OASIS standard called Akoma
Ntoso, the digital representation in XML of legal and legislative
documents is coming of age. More and more local and national
Parliaments and legislative bodies are adopting, including or
considering the switch to Akoma Ntoso for both its completeness and
its flexibility, and many organizations are considering its adoption
even outside of legislation, exploring document types ranging from
judgments to hansards, from parliamentary orders of the day and
amendment lists to documents with no legal or legislative nature at
all, such as plays and literary works.

For these reasons we seek and encourage practitioners, public
employees, academics, researchers and activists to contribute and
share their experiences in searching, evaluating, adopting, adapting,
providing tools and training personnel in using Akoma Ntoso for legal,
legislative and other types of documents.

Topics
***************************************
Topics sought after for the
conference include, but are not limited to:

* Experiences in the adoption of Akoma Ntoso in legal and legislative
bodies
* Interactive tools for legal and legislative personnel
* Document repositories for legal, legislative and other types of
documents
* Access mechanisms and the Akoma Ntoso naming convention
* Semantic Web and Akoma Ntoso
* Activism, hacktivism and how Akoma Ntoso can help

Important Dates
***************************************
Paper Submission Deadline:  June 15th, 2015
Authors Notification: June 30th, 2015
Camera Ready Paper: July 10th, 2015

Program Chairs
***************************************
Monica Palmirani, University of Bologna, OASIS LegalDocML Co-chair
Fabio Vitali, University of Bologna, OASIS LegalDocML Co-chair

Local Organizer
***************************************
Melanie Knapp
Head of Reference and Instructional Services
George Mason University Law Library
3301 Fairfax Drive, MSN 1G1
Arlington, VA 22201-4426
Tel: (703) 993-8111

Program Committee
***************************************
tbd

Publication Details
All manuscripts must be written in English and must not exceed 20
single column double-spaced pages (inclusive of figures and tables
using a font size of at least 12 points) describing original
unpublished research. The papers must be submitted in PDF format
electronically via the Conference webpage xxx by June 15th, 2015. All
papers will be reviewed by at least two anonymous reviewers. Work in
progress papers, industrial papers and student papers are also allowed
and actively encouraged.

All accepted papers will be published in Springer LNCS series.