Subject: Re: [legaldocml] New release of Akoma Ntoso 3.0 (10 September 2015 - OASIS WD15)

I agree on this. we need to improve the documentation. I take note for improving the D1.

Thanks,
Monica
Il 14/09/2015 12:05, PARISSE, Véronique ha scritto:
Dear Monica,

I have no problem to reserve the <publication> element for THE only true official publication.  But the documentation must explain such contraints.

So I think that we need to adapt the schema documentation to say explicitly that only the official publication is to be marked using the "publication" element and that every other publications can be represented inside the workflow section.

Kind regards

Véronique

Véronique Parisse
AUBAY Luxembourg
Orco House
38, Parc d’activités - L-8308 Capellen
Standard : +352 2992501
Fax : +352 299251
www.aubay.com

De : monica.palmirani [monica.palmirani@unibo.it]
Envoyé : lundi 14 septembre 2015 7:25
À : PARISSE, Véronique; legaldocml@lists.oasis-open.org

Veronique,

the publication dates that you mentioned are already detected and
represented in the <workflow> not of the block <publication>.

Yours,
Monica
Il 13/09/2015 21:07, PARISSE, Véronique ha scritto:
Dear all,

Then I thinck that it is essential to modify the comment in the schema (an so, the corresponding deliverable).

The  current comment

"The element publication is the metadata container specifying a publication event for the FRBR expression of the document."

could be replaced by something like this :

"The element publication is the metadata specifying the official publication event for the FRBR expression of the document.  For an act, this information is very important as the publication date can be a parameter for the definition of the validity dates."

I understand that for the act, this date is very important.

But an alternative could be to allow multiple publications and have an attribute (for example "official") for identifying THE official date).

Maybe an interinstitutional bill can have multiple publication date (for example, the publication of the proposal of the Commission as an EP session document could have an importance for the legislative workflow (definition of the period for tabling amendments for example) ?

I don't say that it is needed but we need to be sure that this limitation is not an handicap for documents that are not an act.