Subject: Re: [legaldocml] Having the cake and eating it too - menager chevre et choux - avere la botte piena e la moglie ubriaca

dear Veronique,

On 19/feb/2016, at 12:54, PARISSE, Véronique <V.PARISSE@aubay.lu> wrote:

> Dear Fabio,
>
> Thanks very well for your mail and your proposal that seems really very attractive :-) .
>
> I will read it carefully this week, but in the meantime, I have a small technical question to be sure to well understand your proposal :
>
> You say that
>
> DO
> * If the IRI of the base document is    "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/!main",
>  then the reference                    "<ref href="~art_5">see article 5</ref>"
>  is CORRECTLY resolved to              "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/~art_5".
>
> DON'T
> * If the IRI of the base document is    "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123",
>  then the reference                    "<ref href="~art_5">see article 5</ref>"
>  is INCORRECTLY resolved to            "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/~art_5",
>  which means NOTHING.
>

> Can you tell me what is the result of  the following cases (if it is possible) ?
>
> * If the IRI of the base document is    "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/",
>  then the reference                    "<ref href="~art_5">see article 5</ref>"
>  ???

The resolution is /akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/~art_5, but /akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/ is NOT a valid Work-level URI.

In fact the slash at the end indicates that it is an Expression-level URI. A very strange Expression-level URI, but not a Work level URI.

The two required parts is an Expression level URI are language and version specifications. You can omit then, and this means "undetermined" for language and "today" for version. So basically something ending with / is a peculiar Expression level URI that means "today's version in any language you have". But it is NOT a Work level URI.

> To reference an annex, can I do ?
>
> * If the IRI of the base document is    "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/!main",
>  then the reference                    "<ref href="!annex_1~p_5">see paragraph 5 of annex 1</ref>"
> ? is resolved to              "/akn/eu/act/2013-02-05/123/!annex_1~art_5".

yes.

Ciao

Fabio

--