Subject: New release of Akoma Ntoso 3.0 (21 June 2021)

Hello.

Long time no see!

Please find attached the new release of Akoma Ntoso, dated 21 June 2021. This is the first release of the XML Schema for Akoma Ntoso since its formal approval by Oasis in version 3.0. This is a Tentative Version for internal use and testing only. Only changes to the schema were performed, and none to the documentation. As per the decision of the Technical Committee, there is no change in the namespace, but a new attribute to the root element akomaNtoso, @version, has been added with a fixed value of "3.1" to indicate the minimum version of the schema to be used for validating documents. In the following, the numbers in the square brackets correspond to the item number in the internal discussion list of the Technical Committee.

Ciao

Fabio

--
---------------
Implemented

Crossheading
- Allow <crossheading> inside of <tblock>, not in <blockList> [1]
- Allow crossheading everywhere heading is allowed [11]
- "add it everywhere you can have an hcontainer" [44]                                <-- I hope I understood this right
- Add in recital / citation [45]
- Move into ANHier [51]

Heading

New hcontainers
- <mediaContainer> [4] [12]
- <schedule> <subschedule> [14] [31]
- <regulation> [32]
- <noteSection> [33]
- <annex> <appendix> [comment to 14]                                                 <-- Not approved ???

New inlines
- <foreignText> [5] [20] that allows anything as long as it comes from a different namespace, and expressly forbid in the documentation to place multilne content or in general content that breaks the block
- <tocNum><tocHeading> <tocPointer type="page|provision" href="#id"> inside <tocItem> [52]

New containers
- <court> in judgments [42]                                                             <-- Not sure this is what you asked.

Attributes
- Make the attributes "startQuote" and "endQuote" (and "inlineQuote") available for <def><term> [7][28][35]
- @from in rref should be anyURI [21]  <- ?? It already is
- Add @name to <tblock> and <blockcontainer> [39]
- Allow gYear in @date [48]

Tables
- Make <td> <th> a subflow element [9], [19] [37]
- Add all remaining HTML elements for tables [36]                    <-- I do not remember discussing attributes (@border, @width, @cellpadding, @cellspacing), but elements inside tables: caption, col, colgroup, tbody, thead, tfoot. I disagree with adding the attributes, as they are deprecated in HTML too.

---------------
Not implemented
---------------

Unclear
-------
Subflow: Allow in subflow every container, hcontainer, block [23]

No action
---------
[3], [6], [8], [15], [16], [17], [26], [27], [38], [41], [54]

Unknown action
--------------
[10], [13], [18], [24], [29], [30], [43], [46], [47], [49], [50]
- <annex> <appendix> [comment to 14]                                                   <-- Not approved ???
- [48]                                  <-- I remember discussing and approving it, but I see no "resolved"

Pending
-------
[55], [56], [61]
[57], [58] (no big deal)
[59] (Very interesting, this one)
[60] (to me this is already included elsewhere)

--

Fabio Vitali                                          The sage and the fool
Dept. of Informatics                                     go to their graves