Subject: Tentative release of Akoma Ntoso 3.0 (03 January 2022)

Dear all,

please find enclosed a tentative release of Akoma Ntoso dated 01 September 2022. This release aims at providing an update on several modification requests discussed and approved by the TC in these months. Please check thoroughly if I managed to generate a correct and complete schema, I did some changes I am not completely sure of.

These are the new features:

- INLINE DOCUMENTATION IS BACK!!! That was a stupid mistake on my part that I really didn't know I introduced and then could not figure out how to fix. It is done now. It is also a possible source of problems because I haven't tested it thoroughly. Please let me know if you find something strange.

- Added attribute @unit in element <quantity>. Use ISO/IEC 80000 alphanumerical codes for physical units (covers both metrics and imperial units), and ISO 4217 for currencies.
- attribute @level of element <tocItem >is now optional
- Added value "informative" in @status attribute. Recorded notes say that I should specify something in the documentation but I do not know what.
- Added values "between" and "fromTo" in @pos attribute in argument elements (<source>, <destination>, etc.)
- Added element <recitals> inside <recitals>
- Added element <citations> inside <citations>
- Element <header> is now of type prefaceopt rather than blockopt. This means it can also contain preface-like elements.
- Added element <near> in amendments
- Allowed multiple <condition> elements in amendments
- Allowed <old> and <new> elements in any order and number in textual modifications
- Element <fillIn> is now recommended to use for representing elements of inline forms. Use the @class attribute to specify which type of form element (text, radio button, checkbox, etc.) should be visually represented as. We need to discuss ways to restrict possible values (e.g., checkboxes, popup lists, etc.). Use as follows:

> <party refersTo="#johnDoe">
>     First name: <fillIn class="text" eId="fname">John</fillIn>
>     Last name: <fillIn class="text" eId="lname">Doe</fillIn>
> </party>

Ciao

Fabio

--

Fabio Vitali                                          The sage and the fool
Dept. of Informatics                                     go to their graves