legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] Groups - Event "LegalRuleML TC meeting" added

  I would just like to clarify my position on the XML representation that I circulated in the earlier email discussion. In that email, I presented an XML example as a "possible" representation, based on the metadata approach described in the Isomorphism document (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalruleml/download.php/45887/2.8isomorphism.001.doc).

I do not "propose" or in any way endorse this XML representation. In fact I have grave concerns about this XML representation. I do believe that the TC needs to make some decisions about the overall approach, including the relationship between the original natural language statement of a norm and its XML representation, and the process by which amendments are made to these two things, particularly the transparency and security of this process. I hope that having a somewhat fleshed out example will help us to address these issues.

Tara

Monica Palmirani wrote:
Event Title: LegalRuleML TC meeting

Date: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 03:30pm - 04:30pm ET
Description

9.30pm CEST - daylight saving time
5.30am Australia
3.30pm EDT - daylight saving time
12.30am PDT - daylight saving time
8.30pm BST - daylight saving time

The telecon will be hold by Skype.
Please send to monica.palmirani@unibo.it and guido.governatori@nicta.com.au your ID.

Atteched documents:

1. minutes of the previous TC meeting
2. 1.2principles.003.doc
3. 2.1defeasibility.003.doc

Agenda

* Approval of the minutes of the previous TC meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalruleml/download.php/46022/LegalRuleML-TC-2012-05-02v1.doc
* News and communications (budget for RuleML2012, for the LegalRuleML tutoria session)
* Nomination of a LegalRuleML TC member as representative inside of LegalXML SC
* New version of Principles.003
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalruleml/download.php/46021/1.2PRINCIPLES.003.doc
* New version of defeasibility.003.doc (coming from TARA, thanks!)
* Discussion on new XML representation of rules and metadata proposed by Tara
* Discussion on Isomorphism document
* Other business
* Adjournment

Owner: Mrs. Monica Palmirani
Group: OASIS LegalRuleML TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Event Invitation

Title:

LegalRuleML TC meeting

When:

[...]