legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] [Repository for the examples]

I would like to propose a repository structure as follows:

(following http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/doc/user/svn-best-practices.html)

1. it is conventional to have a top level of
lrm
  |_branches
  |_tags
  |_trunk
  where
"trunk, meaning the directory under which the main project development occurs; branches, which is a directory in which to create various named branches of the main development line; tags, which is a directory of branches that are created, and perhaps destroyed, but never changed."

2. under "trunk" (and consequently under each branch or tag) I propose
lrm
  |_examples
    |_draft
    |_approved
    |_sources
  |_schemas
    |_relaxng
      |_modules
    |_xsd
      |_modules
    |_schematron
      |_modules
 |_xslt

I suggest having separate directories for draft and approved examples so that we can develop, and keep a record of, alternate syntax proposals. However, the schemas will only be required to validate the examples in the "approved" directory.

I also suggest that source examples (in xml, pdf, jpg, doc, etc) be kept in a parallel directory "sources", and that each of the directories draft, approved, sources, have a flat structure (no subdirectories).

One reason is that it makes it easier for me to validate during schema development if I can point to the directory "approved" and know that it contains only the .lrml examples at the top level. Also, the same source could be used by several examples.

Tara