legalruleml message

Subject: LegalRuleML namespace

I have located the OASIS policy on XML namespaces.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#xml-namespaces

According to my reading, the LegalRuleML namespace must comply with the following:

"An XML namespace name identified by an HTTP scheme URI reference must conform to the pattern:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/[tc-shortname]/ns/xxxx

Where:

For example,
http://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/ns/v1.0

or

http://docs.oasis-open.org/legalruleml/ns/2012-01-19
(date is that of the first LegalRuleML TC meeting)

As I start to develop more examples and schemas, there will be more and more files that use the LegalRuleML namespace.
Up to now I have been using a blatantly temporary namespace, like

http://example.legalruleml.org/lrml

I would like to start using an official LegalRuleML namespace, so that I don't have to go back and change large numbers of files at a later date.
May I suggest that we use the mailing list to choose a namespace?

My personal preference is for the namespace with date, as that allows the namespace to stay the same through several versions as long as the versions are backward compatible.

Tara