legalruleml message

Subject: Re: [legalruleml] Proposed Structure of LegalRuleML Tutorial / Today's Telecon AGENDA

Dear Harold,

my comments on the Agenda of the LegalRuleML Tutorial for favoring the meeting of today.

Best,
Monica

Il 22/08/2012 19:16, Boley, Harold ha scritto:
Hi All,

In order to finish the LegalRuleML tutorial in the remaining days before the RuleML-2012 Symposium, we propose to use only core material that has already found sufficient consensus in the TC. Below please find a feasible proposed structure of the LegalRuleML tutorial ("@@@" indicates open parts).

We suggest today's Telecon AGENDA be devoted entirely to the tutorial.

Best,
Harold and Adrian

-----------------------------------

* Intro
- OASIS context of TC
. LegalXML
. Akoma Ntoso
*** Akoma Ntoso is not at all part of the LegalRuleML
- Example bridging from RuleML to LegalRuleML

* Selected consensual parts of the LegalRuleML Metamodel
- upper-subclass.pdf/.rdfs
- upper-properties.pdf/.rdfs
(- optionally metadata.pdf/.rdfs with TimeInstant connection to Reaction RuleML)
*** sources&references (isomorphism)
*** defesibility

* Use Cases
- Use Case 1: "Complaint @@@"
. English Sources
(. Controlled English in ACE?)
*** Controlled English is not in LegalRuleML task.
The legal domain has strong difficulties to reduce the normative statement in ACE (e.g. theory of interpretation, critic to the reductionism theory, critic to the textualism theory, etc.)
Latin language in particular.
. Discuss corresponding notions of selected Metamodel parts
. Association between Rules and Sources
- Use Case 2: "@@@"
*** sec. 504 US, 17 title is a good example of temporal needs/requirements
(- optionally Use Case 3: "SLA @@@")

* Conclusions, Future Plans, and Call for Contributions

--
Associate professor of Legal Informatics